Friday, July 27, 2007

Stevia Rebaudiana Propagation

I have finally taken a few cuttings of my Stevia plants! Allegedly, Stevia cuttings should root easily, but I guess it wouldn't harm to use commercial rooting hormones. However, I haven't done that because I'm interested to see how soon will the cuttings root by itself. Of course, rooting hormone would speed up the process, but I'm in no hurry.

Propagating Stevia by stem cuttings is done in the following manner. Take cuttings about 3 inches long and remove the lower leaves, keeping two or three smaller ones.





In meanwhile I've prepared jiffy peat pellets in which I placed my Stevia cuttings. The cuttings should be placed in a shady place with adequate air humidity.







Stay Sweet!

2 comments:

Amber said...

thanks for giving nice tips for cutting Stevia plants

Sugar Free Drinks for Kids said...

Now that Stevia plant starts to grow. Did you used coconut husk at this instance?